Stay Safe and Confident
WHEN YOU BOOK WITH US
To travel is a luxury and we understand that in these uncertain times you need to know you are safe when you are making your holiday decision. We wish to assure you that when you book to stay with us you can be confident in knowing that your safety is our priority – Book with Confidence when you book in at a Munro Hotel Group property.
What is the Book with Confidence Guarantee?
If the Alert levels change and you can no longer travel due to Covid-19 related developments then, WHEN YOU BOOK DIRECT WITH us your booking is covered under our “Book with Confidence Guarantee”
What does this mean for you:
- you can change, cancel or amend your booking and no charges will apply
Please be aware that where your request to amend/cancel a booking which was made prior to 25th May 2020 and/or is not linked to COVID-19 related matters, normal Terms and Conditions will apply.
If the booking was made directly to us: We can process your requests to amend/cancel your booking directly,
If the booking was made via a third party: including online travel agents (i.e. Booking.com, Expedia), traditional travel agents or other 3rd parties, then any request for an amendment, cancellation or refund needs to be directed to that organisation. Their terms and conditions will apply
Safe Guest Practice Guidelines COVID-19
We care about your wellbeing, therefore when you choose to stay with us we want to make sure you are well.
Please make sure you acknowledge how you are feeling – it you are feeling unwell, have flu like symptoms, a temperature or a cough please stay home, or advise us and self-isolate your room until you can be checked.
We request you acknowledge the Guest social distancing agreement:
We acknowledge that you are here for leisure/ work and we request that you will adhere to social distancing rules whilst staying.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Using my own room
- Preparing food in my own room
- Maintain a minimum 2 metre distance with anyone outside of my room
- If using the communal laundry facilities you acknowledge the one in one out policy
- Using provided sanitiser before and after touching in the public areas
What we are doing to protect you our guests:
We want you to reassure you that during your stay with us, we are implementing additional cleaning and hygiene practices in order to combat the risk of Covid-19.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Supplying hand sanitiser at our main entry points.
- Disinfecting high frequency contact areas on a regular basis (e.g. door handles, taps, EFTPOS machines and counters)
- Requiring our staff to wear appropriate PPE when carrying out their duties including rubber gloves
- Requiring all staff to adhere to strict social distancing guidelines
- Collecting phone and email contacts from all guests, staff and suppliers who come on site in order to assist with contact tracing if required
If you have any concerns, then please contact our management team.
COVID 19 – HEALTH AND SAFETY PLAN
As you will be aware the government has recently informed us that we will be move through the level in response to our declining numbers of confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19.
As we welcome more people back to work we wish to ensure we follow the strict health protocols as set by the Ministry of Health. These are outlined below and are set in place with the sole aim of protecting the health and safety of you and our guests:
BEFORE ARRIVAL AT THE HOTEL
- We will contact you to ensure you are well before you return to work. If you are experiencing flu like symptoms please tell us.
- You need to be confident you are fit and well to return to work
- If you feel that you are high-risk due to being immune compromised please advise us
- If possible, travel on your own, in your own vehicle to and from work.
- To maximize safety at work ensure your uniform is clean and you put it on at work and do not travel to and from work in uniform
- Follow the ‘Personal Health Guidelines’ flow chart (attached) to determine if you are fit to attend work PRIOR to leaving home.
ON ARRIVAL AT THE HOTEL
- First & foremost – Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or sanitize hands using the supplied hand soap/sanitizer.
- Clock in at the time clock in the Front Office – Please enter this room from the side entrance and leave through the main reception doors. Do not enter if someone else is in this room, wait for them to leave before you enter. Sanitize your hand before your touch the time clock
- You must ensure you maintain 2 metres (horizontal and vertical) from any other person in the Hotel at any time.
- Practice good hand hygiene while undertaking work, re-sanitising or washing hands regularly particularly before/after eating/drinking, using the restroom, or coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or touching your face.
- Once work is completed sign out & wash your hands/sanitise.
- Follow the ‘Returning home after work’ protocol.
- If you are having a break you will be required to bring food and drink to work for this – no leaving during your breaks to pick up a snack for your shift. We request you reduce all non-essential trips whilst in your work environment. All food/drink waste must be immediately disposed of in rubbish bins provided
- COVID-19 signage will be present at the hazard board and sign in point outlining COVID-19 controls.
- In regards to PPE, we have provided Face Masks and Plastic Gloves and recommend you use these at all times. Hairnets are also to be worn
DURING YOUR TIME AT WORK
- Do not enter an occupied room unless you can maintain the 1 metre distance.
- At Level 2 we are back to offering daily services and weekly services for our long stay guests
- Follow your normal cleaning protocol ensuring special attention to the high touch areas ie. Light switches, door handles etc
- Public / Communal areas are to be wiped down daily with disinfectant – Housekeeping responsible for communal laundry; Reception Front Office area; Kitchen – Kitchen area; Restaurant team – Flames on 40; Night Porter all other public areas – stairwell railings etc
- Front Office to work with the 1 metre boundary ensuring guests and work colleagues maintain the safe physical distance.
- Front Office to ensure all transactions are contactless
- Hand Hygiene – make sure you wash and sanitise your hands before and after you have had breaks. Sanitisers are in all departments and at the entrance to reception and Housekeeping - please use them
- All people accessing the hotel must sign in and out at each visit. This includes companies making deliveries and guests. The sign in regime is critical to allowing contact tracing to occur in the event of a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Deliveries of goods is permitted. Delivery drivers must follow the same protocols as contractors. Do not take physical documentation from delivery drivers. Utilize electronic proof of delivery via email.
- Smokers must dispose of butts responsibly (i.e. put out and put in bin/bottle not left on ground). Hands must be washed before and after smoking.
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PROTOCOLS
- Should any staff member or guest become suspected of having contracted COVID-19, or become aware they have had contact with a suspected COVID-19 case this must immediately be reported to your General Manager and the “Response Plan for Suspected or Confirmed Cases” must be followed (attached).
- As a result we will we conduct an investigation, obtain all information in regards to contact tracing and notify the Ministry of Health.
YOUR MENTAL HEALTH AND EXTERNAL SUPPORT
These are challenging times for us all, everyone copes differently and it is ok to not be ok and ask for help.
If you would like access to external well-being and mental health support you can free call or text 1737 (Ministry of Health support – it is free and confidential) anytime for support from a trained counsellor. Or you can go to their website for further links – address is https://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/get-help/covid-19
We ask that you read through the attached documents so that you are all familiar with the protocols prior to you commencing work.
If you have any concerns or questions in regards to the effectiveness of COVID-19 controls we have put in place or you would like to suggest further improvement please talk to your Supervisor or Health & Safety Representative.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Nelson and working together to stop Covid 19